Fellow Dog Enthusiasts, we need your help. The UK Government is planning to establish a ban on the use of all e-collars. Time is of the essence to persuade British MPs to block the proposed ban which would be implemented by Defra in February 2024. Save dogs from future abuse, displacement, and euthanasia. Please rise together and make your voice heard on behalf of all dog lovers.
How to help:
- Watch this video by UK dog trainer Jamie Penrith about the severity of the impact this ban could have on the well-being of all dogs.
- Sign the UK Petition and share it with all your friends and family.
- Find your MP’s Email Address. Send your MP an email and include:
- Your postal address so the MP knows that you are one of their voters
- Your phone number
- Your positive experience and the benefits of training your dog with an e-collar.
- Data; click here for an email template and some data/info on e-collars with sources for you to use
- Copy [email protected] to help track the correspondence.
- Add two requests:
- Ask to meet your MP at their constituency surgery before the vote on the proposed ban
- Ask why Environment Secretary Therese Coffey uses an e-collar on her dogs although she is proposing the ban
- Complete the ARDO (Association for Responsible Dog Owners) survey to help collect experiential data from e-collar users.
- Forward this email and request to all your friends and family urging them to do the same.
Thank you in advance for your support to save dogs from abuse, shelters, and euthanization.
Picture from @medleymutts.